Wednesday, July 15, 2009

More Framing



The framing has been going at a rather quick steady pace. I'm amazed at how accurate the NC cut parts are and how much labor NC cutting saves. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the money I paid to have the parts NC cut is probably less than what I would have spent on grinding wheels, and electric to run the operate the grinder. The time savings with NC cutting are immense. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that if a part does not fit correctly, I've probably done something wrong as the NC cutting is way to accurate.

Here are a few more shots of some framing details. The crash bulkhead is shown on this page and makes up the chain locker for my anchor chain. You can also see some of the detail on the spray chine on the starboard side. I've starting installing some plate at this point and I'm pretty much ready to sheath the hull now. Looking back on how I did things I wished I would have done all the framing at this point ( no sheathing), installed the decks above, then began to sheath the sides. Oh well... no sense crying over these things now. Most of the comments I make like the last comment are more of the " learn from my mistakes" variety.



Conall

No comments:

Post a Comment