Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back to work on the boat

It's been a while since I've made a post but I'm happy to say that I'm back to working on the boat. Life seems to get in the way of things we want to do, and I've recently had a run in with just such an episode. Getting the house ready for winter, a short lived uptick in my business ( business is still way down and dropping), pulling the Caver boat out of the water and winterizing, cutting firewood for the shop and house, blah, blah, blah. I"ll quit bitching now, but I'm sure all who might read this will be able to relate.

The next job at hand on Conall's big boat build is to finish getting ready for the insulator to do his thing. I need to finish painting the engine room witch is turning into quite a bit of unfinished business. My list of what needs to be done in the engine room is as follows:

- Install the generator and weld in all the fittings for the water lift exhaust system.
- Weld close the generator access hole.
- Install ac and dc electric conduits and various junction boxes and fixture boxes.
- Install the center baffle on the exhaust/intake trunk
- Re-prime the engine room with etching primer, then top coat with Alkyd Enamel
- Install all the wood firing.

This is the abbreviated version of my list as I still have ac and dc conduit work to do in the master stateroom, forward cabin, and head. All in all I would have to guess that I'll have a solid month worth of work to get her to the point of being ready to insulate.

I"ll start to post some pictures as I move forward. I've found that this boat building thing seems to go a little easier if I break the "big boat build" down into about 80,000 smaller jobs that make up the "big boat build". I might continue this post and add to it as I mover forward, or I'll post a separate entry for each of the micro jobs I get finished.

Conall

No comments:

Post a Comment