Saturday, April 16, 2016

I'm back

Well, truth be told, we never left...just relocated.

My last post was regarding me working on the handrails for the lid deck. That was an important detail as it makes spending time up on the roof much safer, and makes the boat that much larger. The handrail was finished, the boat went back in the water for the season, and boat building ceased.

Boat building had pretty much ceased for the winter of 14/15, and my focus shifted to working on our house getting it ready to list for sale. Shannon was still in school finishing up her respiratory degree so I began pecking away at  a long to do list on the house. Some projects were substantial, some were not. The bottom line was I devoted about five months of steady work, and sometime about the end of May, 2015, we listed the house on one of those online " for sale by owner sites ". Three weeks after listing the house, we had an offer, and a week after that we had a deposit with a move out date agreed upon a week or so later. Fast forward a fuzz and we ended up in Cape Coral, Florida

Moving the boat to Florida began in late October of 2015, and was done by me and a friend Pat. The route to Cape Coral was as follows: The Ohio River, to the Cumberland River, to the Tennessee River, to the Tennessee Tom Bigbee River, to the Black Warrior River, to the Mobile River in to Mobile Bay, East on Gulf Coast Inter coastal water way, cross the Gulf of Mexico from Panama City to Ft. Myers Florida where we now harbor the boat at the Ft. Myers Yacht basin. The trip was about 2000 miles, and took a couple of months as we left the boat a few times to return to family.

So here I sit in Cape Coral, Florida typing this blog update and I'm still working on finishing the boat. There are a few big projects that need to be finished, and I plan on documenting these projects on the old boat build blog.

Cheers,

Conall  

7 comments:

  1. I have been following this build for awhile. I moved from Anderson Township in Cincinnati to Cape Coral May of 2015. I used to see your boat at Washington Marine and now I will see it in Fort Myers. Great story and good luck with the finish.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following this build for awhile. I moved from Anderson Township in Cincinnati to Cape Coral May of 2015. I used to see your boat at Washington Marine and now I will see it in Fort Myers. Great story and good luck with the finish.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travelling on what you built is an amazing experience Conall - looks like you took the time to enjoy it - awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bill,

    Have we met? I'm at Ft. Myers Yacht basin on E dock. Look me up or drop me an email.

    Norm, where are you now, and where are you heading? The boat move to Florida was more workman like and should have taken about three months longer that it did to enjoy the country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have not met but I started following your build after seeing the thread on The Hull Truth. We kept our boat at Washington Marine before we sold it and saw your boat there. Great looking boat I wold love to stop by the dock and see it finished. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill,

    email me conallstapleton63@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A valve is a device that regulates, directs or controls the flow of a fluid, really a amazing product to buy.

    A valve is a device that regulates, directs or controls the flow of a fluid, really a amazing product to buy.

    ReplyDelete